Every homeowner loves to design their living room with some elegant accessories. Right from placing small centrepieces to adding fluffy cushions or pillows, every small element plays a vital role in elevating the appearance of your home. Often the task of redecorating your living room can be complicated.
You might have decided on re-painting, re-carpeting, or replacing your old couch to upgrade your living room. But have you planned to change those old worn down cushions in your living room? Adding the right set of cushions to your sofa or couch can immediately elevate the overall look of your home.
While sofas or couches offer a unique aesthetic feel to your room, cushions act as the cherry on the cake. The small fluffy pieces play a key role in crafting a cosy, comfortable and stylish living room. Choosing the right set of cushions is equally essential as your sofa.
If you are confused about choosing the best cushions for your space, consider using these five decorative tips.
5 Tips To Choose The Right Cushions
- Avoid Mix and Match
- Have you received a matching set of cushions with your new couch? Discard them immediately! If your cushions match your couch, then you should either place them somewhere else or give them away.
While adding cushions to your living room is one of the best ways to add vibrancy to a room, matching them with your couch is a big no! Having cushions that match your couch will blend straight into the couch and appear a bit lumpy. Instead, add some cushions that complement other colours in your room and blend well with the couch.
- Select The Right Colour and Pattern
- While choosing the right set of cushions, always consider the colour and style of your living room. If you want to add vibrancy and add a style statement to your living room, opt for cushions with contrasting colours to the sofa.
Another factor that you should consider is including cushions with some interesting patterns. Adding cushions with patterns will immediately draw the attention of your guest and blend well with the other elements in your room.
- Consider The Size and Number of Cushions
- Before making your buying decision, understand the size of the cushion. The cushions need to be in proportion with your sofa. You can also combine a big rectangle cushion with a slightly smaller square one in front of your sofa.
- The number of cushions you add to your cushion also matters a lot. If you have a small sofa, you might want to add two cushions instead of opting for one. If you want to achieve a formal and sophisticated look, opt for even-numbered cushions.
- For an artful and casual look, choose uneven numbered cushions. On a large sofa, try adding cushions in different sizes, shapes, patterns, and textures based on your interior goals.
- Use Big Cushions For Sophisticated Look
- Do you want to give a formal and more structured look to your sofa? Consider using four big cushions arranged on either side of your sofa. To be more creative and obtain maximum impact, you can choose two plain coloured cushions made of velvet or silk fabric and place them with another set of cushions having some interesting patterns. You can also create a unique design by opting for custom made cushions.
- Go Casual
- If you want to obtain a casual and informal look, combine cushions in different colours, shapes, sizes, patterns, and textures. Match a pair of solid coloured cushions that contrast with the colour of your sofa and add two more quirky-patterned, oddly shaped, or embellished cushions to achieve a relaxed look.
Find unique patterned or plain cushions for sale in Australia only at Big Bedding. We offer designer and stylish cheap cushions in Australia. When you buy cushions from our online store in Australia, you can expect the best quality material and express delivery. Browse through our extensive range of cushions and change the appearance of your home.