With the change in seasons, it is advisable to keep yourself prepared with the essentials. Be it, maintaining the coolness during summer to keep yourself warm in colder temperature.
When in winter, one of the best ways to tackle the low temparture is by cocooning yourself in the warmth of a silky-soft and sustainable weighted hemp blanket.
Hemp is one of the best natural green textile raw materials that offer you the utmost comfort and warmth. Bedsheets and blankets made from hemp are a great thermo-controller, offering you an equal amount of heat required.
Did you know Hemp fabric is three times stronger than cotton but soft?
- What makes hemp different from the rest other materials is its versatile and its comprehensive fibre applications.
- It is sustainable and environmentally friendly and can be used for a countless number of things.
- With this, the hemp plant is known for its grwoth which requires optimal water and no pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers or GMO seeds.
- It is naturally resistant to bacteria, making them anti-microbial and long-lasting than cotton.
When searching for cold-weather bedding that offers you warmth and comfort, hemp is the best choice! Sleeping under hemp bed sheets is pure bliss during cold weather.
If you want to know more about what hemp bedding has to offer, keep reading
Let’s dive into the history of Hemp
For a millennium, hemp was traditionally used for a variety of purposes - pottery, food, clothes, shoes, sacks, ropes, and paper. Sailors used hemp to strengthen the hold of their ships and sails.
Hemp was also mentioned in Vedas as one of the five sacred plants of India. The natural green material grows abundantly in the Northern state of Uttarakhand, India.
During 100 BC, China began using hemp to make paper. In the 15th Century, the then King of England, King Henry VII, prioritised the growth of hemp farming by fining farmers who weren’t growing it.
Even the draft of the American Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper!
Traditional or modern, hemp is one of the most versatile materials that can be used for several applications.
Benefits of Using Hemp Bed Sheets
Textile industries all across the world consider hemp as one of the most crucial raw materials for textile fibres. The sustainable and environmentally friendly raw material offers excellent moisture absorption, breathability, heat retention, high-temperature resistance, and better insulation. Besides, hemp fabric is best known for its anti-ultraviolet, anti-radiation, anti-mould, and antibacterial properties.
Here are a few more benefits of using bed sheets made from hemp material:
- It last three times longer than any other fabrics
- Consists of long fibres, making the material strong and absorbent
- Hemp only gets softer after every single wash
- Offers air permeability and can easily wick moisture
- Holds its shape, stretching less than any other natural fibre
- Natural, sustainable, and environmentally friendly raw material
- Offers efficient insulation, meaning you will be cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- The natural antibacterial and antiviral properties of hemp fabric are perfect for asthma and allergy sufferers.
Hemp being a completely natural fabric is a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin.
Why Is Hemp Material Perfect For Winters?
- Some bedding material will offer you warmth during colder months, while others will keep you cool during hot days. Only a few bedding fabrics can offer you both the qualities. Hemp is a versatile material that can adapt to your body temperature and offer you warmth or cold based on the different times of the year. Apart from being durable and comfortable, hemp sheets offer you better insulation during colder months. Besides, hemp fibre combines the effect of air permeability with insulation at the same time. Hemp is a bedding material that can retain heat and allow you to stay warmer in the colder months.
Our extensive range of 100% hemp sheets in Australia will offer you complete care, comfort, and warmth. Browse through our hemp bedding option to experience pure bliss!