We all dream of having a good night sleep. And while a good night sleep may beneficial for your mental state, it also contributes to your physical health as it:
- Reduces your stress levels.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Improves your memory.
- Helps your body fight back and improve your immune system.
- Reduces your risk of obesity.
- Keeps your heart healthy and reduces the chances of diabetes.
- Ensures you’re in a good mood; besides which it also acts as a painkiller.
Though, how much sleep should you really be getting? Peaceful sleep is essential for infants and it’s recommended they receive 18 to 20 hours of sleep every day.
Whereas for adults, we only really need to get a good six to eight hours to ensure we are functioning throughout the day.
So, What Are The Facts Surrounding Sleep Patterns?
- Sleep is one of the most basic human requirements – in fact, we spend one-third of our lives sleeping.
- Good sleep is essential for metabolic regulation in children.
- Globally, 35% of people admit they don’t get enough sleep.
- It is estimated that over 1,550 people die globally every year due to sleep disorders.
- A study revealed that 71,000 people suffer from injuries due to sleep disorders each year.
- 46% of the world’s population miss either work or important events due to lack of sleep.
So, how do you improve the quality of your sleep to ensure it is enough? Well, it’s simple - invest in good bedding, like a mattress topper in Australia.
Within this article, it describes how you can invest in the right type of bedding and improve your overall sleep quality.
The Secrets To A Peaceful, Comfortable Sleep:
It is essential to have a good set of bedding if you want to get a good night sleep. Here are five secrets to getting a good night sleep:
1. Invest in a decent mattress:
When it comes to a good mattress, it should ideally be firm, yet strong and one that isn’t uncomfortable or triggers back pain. An ideal mattress is one that forms the shape of your body and supports the joints and muscles.
2. Upgrade to good quality pillows:
Opt for pillows that are comfortable and ensure the material does not result in any allergies.
3. Buy a mattress topper:
When you are looking to invest in a mattress topper, choose one that offers a cushioning effect. One of the most effective methods ensuring it is the right fit for your mattress is to place it at all four corners of your bed and stretch it out. This is very useful if the mattress is not up to the mark or it is too firm (even if you have postponed the purchase of a new mattress).
4. Find the perfect duvet:
Getting your hands on the perfect duvet for your bed will ensure you can maintain the right temperature while you are asleep. It’s not advisable to pick one that is lightweight or too warm since that will contribute to having a broken night of sleep.
5. Upgrade your linen:
The bed linen is your first point of contact with the bed, hence picking it carefully will ensure you get a good sleep at night.
Benefits of Investing in a Mattress Topper in Australia:
A good mattress topper is very useful since it helps customize the sleeping experience of individuals. One of the biggest advantages is that you can use them as you please and when you please.
Meaning, it can be removed in the hot summer months and be used only on cooler days. Alternatively, your mattress topper can also be used on hot days to increase airflow.
And when it comes to your mattress topper, there are several benefits, such as:
- It protects the mattress beneath, this is of more value for someone who has recently invested in a new mattress and wants to protect it from dust, stains, etc.
- It is often hard to get adjusted to a new mattress; a mattress topper is a perfect solution in this case as it provides a level of comfort.
- Using a mattress topper over your old mattress will help revive it by smoothing out any lumps and bumps, making your sleep more comfortable.,
- It helps extend the life of your mattress.
How To Shop from an Online Bedding Store:
It is important to know when it is the right time to replace your mattress or pillows. For example, it’s necessary to replace your pillows on a regular basis since a good pillow is essential for good night sleep.
Some of the signs that your pillow needs replacing include the ability to provide necessary support and its worn-out appearance. So, where do you start for all your bedding needs?
In Australia, Big Bedding Australia supplies a wide range of items for bedding. We also supply bedroom furniture and bedroom décor worldwide.
We understand the importance of getting good sleep and have a complete solution available for you, including mattresses, mattress toppers, quilts, and pillows (just to name a few).
We’re an online bedding store in Australia with one of the best teams of experts who have the knowledge and experience to ensure you invest in all the right bedding products to get a good night’s sleep. Our aim is to provide customers with a decent firm mattress and prevent common issues like back pain.