NEW ZEALAND DIRECT TO AUSTRALIA
Silk, a fine, strong illustrious fibre, is the product of the silk worm, a commercially bred caterpillar of the domesticated silk moth (Bombyx mori), which spins a silk cocoon that is processed to yield silk fibre.
Over a period of three weeks, a silk worm lives on a diet of mulberry leaves and during the last three days of this period, forms a cocoon, spinning over 1500 metres of continuous thread.
Twenty cocoons are then stretched over a bamboo half-hoop and left to dry in the shade for three or four days. This forms what we call a "silk cap" and is then stretched out by hand to the size of the duvet. It takes approximately 80 layers for a summer weight Queen duvet and approximately 140 layers for a winter Queen duvet.
The life cycle of the silk worm occurs four times each year. The best silk is produced during the spring months when the mulberry leaves are of the highest quality.
Silk is 100% natural, is extremely eco-friendly, and 100% susatinable
Natural yet pure luxury and exceptional quality
The Chinese and Japanese have recognised for well over a millennium that silk eases aches and pains like arthritis and rheumatism. They have also noted that silk soothes itchy skins and prevents vascular sclerosis. A possible contributing reason for these benign traits is that silk, being formed of several amino acids, is very much like human skin.
Silk, being hypoallergenic, is great for allergy sufferers, such as asthma and eczema.
We are forever being told by customers how great silk is for women in the menopause state of life. Silk helps regulate the temperature you are sleeping in and allows you a great nights sleep.
As silk drapes over the body, there are none of those cold channels that you seem to get with those fuller type duvets.
No chemicals are used in the production of the silk floss, so there is no concern that, unlike many other duvets no residual chemicals remain.
WHY CHOOSE A SILK DUVET ?
- Silk provides the same warmth as down, but breathes and moves moisture away from the skin
- Silk is lightweight - providing warmth without excess weight
- Silk naturally adjusts to your body temperature so it is a natural choice all year round
- Silk, being hypoallergenic, it is inhospitable to dust mites and, for those allergic to feathers, provides the perfect alternative to down
- Silk has wonderful temperature regulating properties, it can easily satisfy two sleepers with different definitions of "warm" and "cosy" .... it even caters for hot flushes!!
- A silk duvet naturally conforms to your body position to create warmth around you without cold spots
- Silk is permanently contained within the duvet outer, unlike alternative fillings such as down, wool, etc.
- Though beautiful and white, these duvets are the greenest you can get - all natural fibre. The manufacture of these duvets does not entail the use of chemicals.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.